Author: ಮನೋರಮಾ. ಬಿ.ಎನ್
KALÂGOWRI, an extension of Gowri Nâtyashâla (2002), was inaugurated on the 6th of August 2017, Sunday, by the well-known Bharatanritya artiste Dr. Smt. Shobha Shashikumar, the Founder-Director of Mayuri Nrityashala. Gowri Natyashala has shared its ambience and extended its cooperation to many Dance research activities with Noopura Bhramari too.
The main intention in creating KALÂGOWRI is to provide a platform at the heart of Basavanagudi, Bengaluru to all performing artists, irrespective of their age and art subject too. There is an opportunity for classes, lectures, lecture-demonstrations, speech, bhajans, discourses, competitions, discussions, meditation, yoga and other similar things. The platform shall be made available on a monthly basis, in general and on special occasions too.
It shall be utilised to even interested budding Classical (Carnatic/Hindustani/devotional music/Bharatanatya and other classical dances/Yakshagana, etc) artists . Use this platform to build spirit and competence.
1. It is a Path towards attaining Art Experience and also Art Excellence. Our prime motive is to encourage art and artistes by giving platform.
No Allowance /Remuneration will be given.
2. CD/DVD is also allowed for a dance recital.
3. Solo or Duet Performance is permitted.Goshti Gana(For Juniors) Samooha nrityamargamukura(group dance) is also encouraged.
4. Committee will select the candidate according to the merit. Decision of Committee is final. No age/caste/religion/language barriers.
5. Light and Sound facility will be given. Programme is open for public.
Recital/Concert Timings : 1st Saturday of every month, 6 to 7.30 pm..
Interested candidates can apply with their biodata and Photo with link of performance video to the e-mail id given. email@example.com
contact : 9945314965