Posted On: Sunday, October 25th, 2020
votes, average: 4.00
out of 5)
Short-term Online Certificate Course on Nayika and Nayaka
with special focus on Indian classical Dance
Specially designed for Performing Artistes
Noopura Bhramari (R.), an Institution par excellence with the intention of promoting research in the field of Performing Arts and deep study of all aspects of different Art-forms invites applications for its new course on Nayikas.
To view the Video promo on course details , switch on
Highlights of the Course
- This course will give a detailed understanding of the nāyikās and the nāyakas based on several primary texts. Popular misconceptions will be addressed and the varieties and subvarieties will be analysed. A practical approach of how to portray them on stage with apt activities as enlisted by śāstras and suitable āhārya that could be used, will be discussed. The nāyaka as a counterpart of the nāyikā and the nāyaka as a parallel to the nāyikā avasthas will also be dealt with. Variety of lyrics delineating both the nāyaka and nāyikā varieties will be introduced.
- Course Instructor: Dr Dwaritha Viswanatha. Special lectures by experts will be organized based on course requirements.
- Meets the needs of a performing artist, serious pursuer and teachers, who wish to have a deep understanding of the various Nāyikās and Nāyakas.
- The course is designed to have 14+2 sessions, taught by experts
- Duration of each session :1.5 Hrs
- Timings: weekend evenings. 3PM-4.30PM (If candidates are more in number, based on priority we shall may keep a morning session too.)
- Classes will be for a duration of 2 months – Nov and Dec 2020
- Medium of Instruction : English
- Mode of Instruction: Group Online classes
- Discussions and Assignments will be taken up.
- Certification will be issued after the completion of the course
- End of course examination is optional
- Eligibility criteria: Merit based selection. 7 years of performing experience or senior level completion mandatory. Decision of selection committee is final.
- Last date to receive application: 28 Oct 2020
- Discussions, Assignments and Q and A sessions will be part of the course. Nāyaka and nāyikā literature from traditional old padams, jāvalis, Aṣṭapadis, Verses from Amaruśatakam will be dealt with. Students will be introduced to new compositions too. No item will be taught but suggestions for application of the theory will be given so that candidates will be able to choreograph themselves to all compositions of all varieities.
Procedure of Enrollment and fee deposit
- First come first serve basis.
- Fill the application form, scan and send to the email with confirmation letter.
- Once fee paid and application procedure over, shall lead the classes from First weekend of November 2020. Last date to receive Applications: 28October, 2020. For further details, please write to email@example.com or call +91 9964140927
- One time payment. No installments. The Fee to be credited to the bank account of Trust. And Information to be filed in application form.
- The information of Bank details to send fee is, below.
Noopura Bhramari (R)
Federal bank Ltd; Puttur Branch
Account No. 18940100002234
IFSC Code : FDRL0001894
It is a grand opening to the session on #NayikasNayakas
. On 21 November 2020
December 27th, 2020 at 5:01 pm
Best sessions n course to learn about the nayikas n nayakas and got a new sight to look at the dance items with respect to performance….blessed to gain knowledge from Dr. Dwaritha V mam…thank you so much Noopur Bhramari…..
December 27th, 2020 at 5:23 pm
An absolutely insightful course that cleared many of our long standing misconceptions about the portrayal of different Naayika avasthas! It has given a new confidence to deal with choreographing a musical piece as dealing with any Abhinaya3piece is definitely a hard nut to crack. I would like to thank Dr. Dwaritha Viswanatha ma’am and Dr. Manorama ma’am for giving us this wonderful opportunity to learn and explore further!
December 31st, 2020 at 11:21 am
It was an wonderful experience like last time.. The way dwaritha mam explained about Nayika and nayaka in Naayikantaranga course it made me to think different what i was thinking before it was much interested subject to understand in detail.. Thank you Manorama Mam for conducting such courses and gave me the chance to be a part of it..
January 4th, 2021 at 8:51 am
It was a wonderful course, very informative and interesting…. specially Dwaritha mam teaching made it very interesting. She was always enthusiastic about her teaching which made us even more attentive in the sessions….. overall I would like to thank the whole team for putting in so much of efforts make these wonderful sessions a successful one..thanks Manorama mam for organizing such sessions….looking forward for many such sessins n future…. thanks once again Dwaritha mam
January 4th, 2021 at 9:46 am
Over the course of eight weekends, I was transported to another world. Understanding the perspectives and actions of various nayikas, nayakas, sakhis and the deeper rooted philosophy behind the genesis of these protagonists was truly wonderful. Thank you very much Dwaritha ma’am for structuring and delivering the course so beautifully! It was a beautiful experience. Heartfelt thanks, also, to Dr. Manorama and team Noopurabhramari for conceptualizing and coordinating the course.
January 4th, 2021 at 10:27 am
Best thing happened in 2020 is this ….Nayikantaranga course by none other than abhinaya chature my favourite “Dwaritha”…mam..
It was really a emotional roller coaster ride from 7th Nov to 27th dec…
Loved every bit of it…connected n saw me in each nayika wen you were explaining about her.. It will surely enhance my ability to choreograph abhinaya items better.
Thank u so much Manorama mam for organising this wonderful course. kudos to Sahana n Lakshmi for all the ppt n notes.
January 4th, 2021 at 10:41 am
I was indeed a very enriching experience….. Nayakas and nayikas have always been a favorite topic ..From the time i met dwarita mam n purchased the book m interest increased and wanted to learn in detail about it… I’m indeed happy tht my wish got fulfilled so soon …. I’m greatly indebted to dwaritha mam for sharing her knowledge with so many enthusiastic artists, it needs a big heart to do so….
A big thanks to manorama mam and entire team behind this workshop…
Waiting to be a part of many more such workshops
January 4th, 2021 at 10:49 am
Nayikataranga- A wonderful course designed and thorough enjoyed every session of Dr.Dwaritha Viswanatha madam. The sessions were lively and discussions in the classes made us to think beyond just the lyrics. It was a true emotional roller coaster ride! Thanks a lot mam.
Special thanks to Dr. Manorama maam and her team for organizing and coordinating such a great course.
Thank you all. It was very beneficial course and hoping to incorporate the learnings