New Kannada Varna Compositions on Leelashuka’s Krishna Karnamrita
Posted On: Friday, September 7th, 2018
Author: ಮನೋರಮಾ. ಬಿ.ಎನ್
This is our humble attempts for creating literature and adding variety in approach towards Dance field. Based on Itihasa-Kavya-Parampara-Purana, many new compositions have been set right and we hope it will be satisfactory to the needy artiste community. Indication towards usage of jatis and Pataksharas shall be given to aspirants. Artistes can enhance the feel of lyrics through their choice of Raga and music though we suggest music format.
For the first time, using the Kannada translation(by Korgi Shankar Narayana Upadhyaya) of World renowned Sanskrit poet Leelashuka we have composed 10 padavarnams highlighting the activities of Nayika-Nayaka, and also sakhi in Aditala, Tisra/chaturashra nade. Krishna Karnaamruta is before you with the touch of adoptive poetic brialliance in Kannada which is suitable to Dance Padavarna format.
- Balaleela -It deals with a mother and child, which is also parallel to Yashoda and infant Krishna.
- Kishora Krishna – Bhaktyaavalambana. Adolescent pranks and playful romantic acts of Krishna.
- Svapnasanchara – Praudhanayika- Praudha krishna. It deals with the Nayika who feels Krishna at the sub-conscious level, and being confused about his nonappearance in the conscious level.
- Mohana Murali or Vamshi vilasa – Pragalbha sweeya nayika, dheeralalita nayaka- subject revolves around the status of Nayika with Krishna’s flute.
- Virahaabhisaarika – Vipralambha shringara – the pangs of separation in Nayika ends with Abhisarika shade.
- Vrajavishvasa – Feelings of Vraja community who are all feeling the status of Proshitapatika who also possess swadhinapatika shade with Sakhabhava towards Dheeralalita nayaka Krishna.
- Atmanindite- Uttama Khandita nayika – with a shade of self detachment filled with anger. Subject travels from Vipralabdha nayika to Kalahantarita.
- Dwara(kaadheesha)samvade –
Conversation of a Madhyama Khandita with Krishna- along with Sakhi.
Attractive and suitable theme for Duets.
- Bandhanaasakte – Pragalbha nayika – A nayika trying to look for easy ways to arrest Krishna. with a shade of vasakasajja.
- Rangaantaranga – Mugdha nayika in conversation with Sakhi. Quest towards the heart and character of Ranga..
In addition to all these, some of the Benchmarking innovative lyrics, such as
Mahanata kouthvam and Mahanata Varna based on Badami’s 18 shouldered Shiva,
Vishvambhari varna on Bhumidevi, based on the propriety of puranas
Tripurasundari kouthvam, Varaha Koutwam, Ganesha Shabdam, Varnam pieces on Ramayana charachters and Nayika padams too…
Literary experts are always available for your Art service including composing for Dance dramas too.